Are misaligned or crooked teeth ruining your smile? If yes, you need clear aligners. Clear aligners, also known as invisible aligners, are transparent trays made with a specific material used to straighten misaligned or crooked teeth. They are a type of orthodontic treatment that uses a constant gentle force to move your teeth to a favorable position.
As their name says, they are invisible. They are removable and hassle-free, making them a better alternative to metal braces. The aligners would be customized for every patient, depending on the severity of the malocclusion.
Types of Aligners
- In-office aligners
They are the most popular option. To get these aligners, you need to visit us for intensive treatment.
- At-home aligners
These are direct-to-consumer aligners. You just need to get them and wear them without visiting a dental office. However, they are often ill-fitting, making them less effective.
When Do I Need to Use Clear Aligners?
- If your jaw is smaller to accommodate all your teeth
- If you have an overbite, i.e., your upper front teeth overlap with your lower front teeth
- If you have an underbite, i.e., your lower front teeth overlap with your upper front teeth
- If your upper and lower teeth do not touch each other when your mouth is shut
- If you have a gap between your teeth
We use clear aligners in children between 6 and 10 years of age in phase I orthodontic treatment to create space for existing primary teeth and to erupt permanent teeth.
What is Involved in the Clear Aligner Treatment Process?
- A Customized Treatment Plan
We thoroughly examine your oral cavity and take a digital scan to create a custom treatment plan during your consultation visit. We show you a digital preview of your new smile.
- Preparation of Aligners
After taking your teeth impressions, we create a custom treatment plan with the help of 3D technology. After approval, we send the models to the production facility where your aligners are made.
- Upkeep of Aligners
We suggest you wear the aligner trays for 20 to 22 hours every day to allow them to work efficiently and change them every one to three weeks. Furthermore, we provide not one but a set of aligners to move your teeth into a desirable position.
- After treatment
Once the treatment is complete, we take an impression of your straight teeth and create a clear retainer. You need to wear it every night to prevent recurrence of malocclusion.
CandidPro Clear Aligners
Robert E. Anderson, D.D.S., has partnered with CandidPro Clear Aligners to give our patients the best smile in a shorter period at an affordable price. Here are the details:
What are CandidPro clear aligners?
CandidPro is a superior, quick, and comfortable orthodontic treatment solution used to fix mild to moderate dental malocclusions like misalignment, crowding, excessive spacing, and protrusion of the teeth. They allow the patient to get straighter, aligned teeth with very few dental visits.
How CandidPro Clear Aligners Works?
CandidPro clear aligners work to straighten the teeth with the following steps:
- Initial dental visit: After the initial consultation with the CandidPro doctor and the requirements are discussed, the patient's dental scans and x-rays are obtained to be submitted to the CandidPro.
- The patient receives the aligners:The patients get the full set of aligners and CandidMonitoring™ materials.
- CandidMonitoring™ check-ins:The patients should send the scans of their teeth to our CandidPro doctor every two weeks to ensure that the treatment stays on track.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Placerville, CA, to consult with Dr. Anderson. Please call Dentist in Placerville CA at (530) 622-9068 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.