Dentures are a restorative treatment option for your missing teeth and surrounding tissues. They are made to resemble your natural teeth so that your facial appearance doesn't change after wearing them. Losing teeth could be because of many reasons – accidents, injury, trauma, diseases, aging, and others. Not only does missing teeth affect your facial appearance, but it disrupts the functionality of your mouth. The use of dentures ensures many restorative benefits.
What are the Types of Dentures?
- Complete Dentures
Also known as full dentures, we use them to replace all your natural teeth. We fit them on the top and bottom of your gum line and are held in place using suction or oral adhesive. Complete dentures can be conventional or immediate. While you have to wait for 8-12 weeks to get your conventional dentures, the latter doesn't take a lot of time.
- Partial Dentures
Instead of other teeth restoration methods, they are used when surrounding natural teeth aren't enough to support alternatives like dental bridges. We also use partial dentures to replace a few teeth in your mouth. Your replacement teeth are attached to a gum-colored plastic base, resembling your gums. This arrangement is connected by a metal framework, the role of which is to hold the denture in place. Partial dentures do not cause your other teeth to change their position.
What are the Benefits of Dentures?
- Dentures allow you to maximize your oral function. You can speak well and eat your food properly.
- They have many cosmetic benefits. If you are often hesitant to smile in public because of your missing teeth, using dentures will solve the problem. Dentures appear exactly like your natural teeth.
- Today, dentures are the most affordable teeth restorative option for your missing teeth, and if taken care of properly, your dentures will last longer than expected.
What is the Procedure?
- We will take impressions of your jaw and measurements to create models, plastic patterns, or wax forms in the same shape as the dentures. You will be given to try the model several times to check the fit and comfort.
- We will also assess the dentures' color, shape, and size before casting the final ones made using hard resin.
- After the final dentures are prepared, we will fit them into your mouth using adhesive, metal clips, or other methods. If required, you may visit us for further fittings and adjustments to your dentures.
Please reach out to our dental practice in Placerville, CA, to consult with Dr. Anderson. Please call Dentist in Placerville CA at (530) 622-9068 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.